During a meeting yesterday with member Joy Schiller from Des Moines University, I was reminded of one of my college professor’s mantras - Keep It Simple Stupid (KISS). We’ve built a world full of distractions - in fact - some researchers show distractions cost business nearly $650 billion in 2007.
Use these simple bullets to build an effective wellness program that doesn’t get bogged down with unnecessary complexity.
- Stop trying so hard - not everything can be a big deal.
- Outline clear expectations and expect things to be executed.
- Give people space - follow up, but don’t follow around.
- Reduce the amount of steps, hoops, processes.
- Create a culture of healthy conflict and minimize drama.
Simple People+Simple Culture+Great Leadership=Colossal Results!
How can you improve your wellness program experience by making it simple but not hollow?
From “Small is the New Big”